Manufacturing leaders shared their approach to workforce vaccination in a poll conducted on February 19 – 26. As concern with vaccination availability and awareness continues, leaders are encouraging, but not mandating, vaccination through employee education and incentives.
- Significant vaccination concerns – Leaders report challenges with availability, safety, and awareness regarding workforce vaccination.
- Companies are encouraging, not mandating, vaccination – Nearly all leaders are urging employees to get vaccinated, and 90% do not plan to require any proof of vaccination to return to the workplace.
- Multiple efforts in place to support vaccination – A majority of companies are providing schedule flexibility, information, and support for vaccination costs.
- Internal communication is the main approach to educating the workforce – 86% are sending company-wide communication, and a subset is taking more creative approaches, such as inviting guest speakers or offering educational programs.
- Incentives typically include time off or wellness rewards – More than half are providing time off to employees getting vaccinated while 24% are providing wellness rewards (similar to flu shots).
- Some are updating policies – 24% of companies are addressing vaccination by including policies in wellness and safety or COVID-19 policies, and 34% are considering making changes.