Risk management leaders participated in our comprehensive study regarding their approach, leadership, team, and processes for crisis management. Key findings include:
- Crisis Management Continues to Grow as a Top Concern – 73% of companies have found crisis management more important to their business in the last 5 years
- A Push from the Top – For one-third of companies, crisis management is a push from senior management
- Varied Approach on Leadership – 38% of companies have a different leader for different categories of crisis, while 38% don’t assign different leaders.
- Communications Led by PR Team – 77% of companies have a PR team or PR firm on retainer.
- Less than Half Have Standing Groups – For 60% of companies, their crisis management team is a group pulled together when the crisis happens, while 40% have a standing group.
- Only a Third Audit their Emergency Response Programs – Only 38% of companies audit their emergency crisis program, and of those, a majority do it as part of EHS Audits
Are You a Member?
This content is for members only, or there is additional content for members. If you are a member, login to access. Not a member? Learn more.