Manufacturers Alliance surveyed members to share how the structure and activities of their Treasury function compare with other manufacturing companies.
- An overwhelming majority have been Treasurers for 10 years or fewer – 72 percent, close to ¾ of respondents, have been in their roles for fewer than 10 years.
- Treasurers wear many hats – Treasurers are juggling multiple activities, with insurance/risk management being the top activity. But they are also handling other tasks as you can see in the chart below.
- Treasury departments believe in a clear chain of command – A vast majority of treasury functions (88%) have reporting structures that are well defined, where decision-making is formal and flows from the top down.
- Treasurers are embracing the new world of work – A commanding majority (80%) allow their staff to work under a hybrid arrangement.
- New & departing Treasurers share a common thread – 88 percent arrive from outside the organizations, and 61% of departing employees take opportunities outside the company.
If you are a member of the Treasury Council, log in to view the full report.