Members of Manufacturers Alliance participated in this survey, and the results show the top challenges these professionals face, along with reporting frequency and committee composition.
- Majority have filed annual sustainability reports – 63% of companies have filed two or more reports, while 14% are working on their first report.
- A third of companies have internal sustainability audit programs – 31% of companies have an internal program for sustainability audits, with most of them performing annual audits.
- Most companies report activities quarterly – 42% of sustainability functions report activities to the Board of Directors quarterly while 31% report it twice annually.
- Sustainability committees are not new for most – 92% of companies have had their sustainability committee for more than 2 years.
- Almost a third of sustainability functions report to legal – 25% of sustainability functions report to the head of legal, 14% to operations, and 11% to EHS.
- Two thirds of companies have 1-3 employees at the plant supporting sustainability – 64% have 1-3 employees per plant supporting sustainability efforts and 28% have support at plant level.
Are You a Member?
There is additional content for members only. If you are a member, login to access. Not a member? Learn more.