Sales Manufacturing leaders participated in this poll conducted November 3 – December 1 to share in what ways their company’s travel and expenses will change moving forward compared to 2019.
- For most, T&E decreased in both 2020 and 2021 vs 2019 – 71% of companies experienced a decrease in T&E per rep from 2019 to 2020 & 2021, and the majority stated the decrease to be higher than 25%.
- Although most companies are budgeting less for T&E in 2022, it is not near the decreases seen over the past two years.
- Half of the companies are budgeting within 75% of 2019 levels.
- Majority of companies are only doing visits on a case-by-case basis – 74% of companies are only doing on-site visits on a limited case-by-case basis, while 22% are back to regular operations.
- Small-sized and private companies are opening their doors to sales visits at the highest rates.